Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Introducing Our DSLR Camera Basics Photography Class | Clarksville, TN Photographer




I am so excited to announce that we are now offering photography classes for those that would like to learn how to take better pictures and how to use all those settings on your fancy SLR camera. Ever wondered what all those buttons were for? Want to improve your picture taking skills when photographing your kids in their everyday life? Well I am here to help. When I started out in photography it was when I first started having kids. My son had so much energy and he was either running or sleeping. There was no in between with him! Well I loved the challenge of getting a great picture despite his non cooperation. I loved experimenting with different angles and ways to shoot ...and that was the beginning of my photographic journey.

Register for classes HERE


Camera Basics






SLR basics is a beginners class where you will learn how to use your camera as well as learn some tips and principles to better picture taking. The class is designed to help you in your everyday picture taking, give you a better understanding of your camera and of what makes a good picture.


*This class is not designed to make you a professional photographer.*










What is included

*Approximately 2-3 hours of instruction  including
hands on learning time
*a manual of the course for later reference
*Q&A time
*lots of fun!
Things we will learn:
How to use the camera settings as well as which settings are ideal in various situations
Principles of photography such as perspective, composition, the "rule of thirds" & more.
A general understanding of what aperture, shutter and ISO is.
How to capture great moments of our kids being kids and pictures that are meaningful, not just telling them to stop, sit down and smile.

Register for classes HERE


...and finally
Classes will be limited to 4-5 people so I can give everyone more direct one on one attention. Classes are first come first serve. You may take more than one class if you like. classes are $80 each


It is recommended to have a DSLR camera since we will be covering settings for DSLR's but most point and shoots now have similar features and should be fine.

 Email me for details. kristina@kristinawhite.com
Register for classes HERE

**********************************************************************************

Photography Basics Classes Resume...
We will  be resuming our DSLR Camera basics class and we also have a second class called Beyond the Basics in 2014  that will focus more on the elements that make up a good picture (ie. subject placement, perspective, location, light etc) and will have live child "models" for us to practice our techniques!

Register for classes HERE


 Price: $65/class or $110 for a two class workshop 
Use code 2classes for the discount when registering for two classes
 

Upcoming Camera Basics classes
Saturday, Jan 30, 9:00-12:00
Saturday April 23, 9:00-12:00
Saturday July 30, 9:00-12:00
Saturday Oct 8, 9:00-12:00 


Upcoming beyond the Basics classes
Saturday, Jan 30, 1:00-4:00pmSaturday April 23, 1:00-4:00pm
Saturday July 30, 1:00-4:00pm
Saturday Oct 8, 1:00-4:00pm





*locations are TBD depending on time of year, weather, etc. I will contact you with the location at the time of registration.


Register for classes HERE








 



**A special thank you to Darci Ann Photography for the photos in this article**


6 comments:

Tiffany Renae' said...

Do you still have an April 28th spot available?

Kristina W said...

Yes I do have spots still :)

Liz said...

I am very interested in a mentoring session with you... I am an aspiring professional photographer, im currently doing skill building/portfolio building sessions and my plan is to "open shop" the beginning of 2013. Please send me more info about your mentoring sessions lizlivingbarefoot at gmail dot com

Tomeka Solomon said...

I'm interested in your Sept class. Do you still have slots available?

Kristina W said...

Yes Tomeka I do have aspots available still :) You can email me to sign up kristina@kristinawhite.com

Unknown said...

Hello are you still teaching the classes? My email is angelfdc@AOL.com I would love yo take your class before my vacation June

Behind the Scenes with Classic Creations